Let's consider why we take supplements:
- Help us break down the nutrients we get from food
- Add to our diets the vitamins and minerals we may be lacking
- Vitamin B1 helps release energy from carbohydrates during metabolism: growth and muscle tone
- Vitamin B2 helps the body release energy from protein, fat and carbohydrates during metabolism
- Vitamin B6 helps build body tissue and aids in metabolism of protein
- Vitamin B12 aids cell development, functioning of the nervous system, and the metabolism of fat and protein
- Biotin helps metabolize protein, fats and carbohydrates
- Niacin is involved in carbohydrate protein and fat metabolism
- Pantothenic acid helps release energy from from fats and carbohydrates
So — the next time you are shopping, do your body a favor and take a serious look at some multivitamins.
Next: vitamins that aid in blood flow, blood vessel health and bone health.