Breakfast Cookies with Oatmeal, Bananas, Peanut Butter and More
- Two ripe bananas, mashed until smooth & creamy
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter flavor extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick oatmeal (or use old fashioned oats for more oatmeal-y texture)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup carob or chocolate chips (optional — for some people)
Preheat heat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed banana and peanut butter until completely combined.
- Add in the applesauce, vanilla protein powder and the extract(s). Mix again until all are completely combined.
- Add in the oatmeal, nuts and chips.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet & flatten cookies into circles.
- Bake cookies 20-30 minutes, until golden brown and done, or as doughy as you like them.
- Rest on cookie sheet for five minutes, then move to cooling rack.
- If you want the traditional fork tong marks on the cookies, use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to score the tops of the cookies while they're still warm.
When cookies are completely cool, store in a covered container.
Courtesy Watching What I Eat.