Stress attacks at any age.
Worried about school? Check.
Find a stress reduction activity to help you cope — and tai chi is the perfect activity for every age and fitness level. Here are just a few benefits of tai chi, according to Positive Medicine:
- Decreases stress and anxiety
- Increases aerobic capacity
- Increases energy and stamina
- Increases flexibility, balance and agility
- Increases muscle strength and definition
- Enhances quality of sleep
- Enhances the immune system
- Lowers cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- Improves and helps alleviate joint pain
- Improves symptoms of congestive heart failure
- Improves overall well-being in older adults
No matter how busy you are or how stressed you feel, you must make time for your health and welfare.
If you're not sure how to find a tai chi class, call your city's recreation program, or e-mail me and I'll help you find your local resources.
Take care of yourself: you're the only you you have.