Choose healthy oils and fresh toppings and you'll have a tasty option for breakfast that will encourage even the most ardent of meal-skippers to make time for breakfast.
- Make a big batch of oatmeal. (Consider this healthy overnight slow-cooker recipe).
- Pour the oatmeal into a pan a few inches thick.
- Cover and refrigerate. (Cool it for at least 2-3 hours, or even a few days.)
- Heat a pan over high heat, spray with nonstick spray or butter.
- Cut oatmeal to the size of the desired serving.
- Sear both sides of the oatmeal square - it takes a while because of all the liquid.
- Choose your toppings and enjoy!
What other healthy foods can you cook differently to mix it up?